Status: 07.04.2020, 11.00 o'clock
The situation regarding the coronavirus is constantly changing. The Federal Council has classified the situation as "extraordinary" and has issued numerous measures. Since 20 March 2020, gatherings of more than five people have been prohibited in public areas, namely in public squares, on footpaths and in parks. A limitation of the number of people present in the establishments must be ensured.
The University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons is taking its responsibilities seriously and has already switched over to virtual operation practically seamlessly on Monday, 16 March 2020. Training and further education now take place at the virtual UAS Grisons. The projects in research and services are being further developed. Top priority is given to the health of all members of the UAS. At the same time, however, the course of studies is to be continued in such a way that students can take the examinations for the spring semester and there is no delay in their studies.
Restrictions for UAS operation
- Students and staff of the UAS Grisons are requested to contact the emergency team of the UAS Graubünden by e-mail email@example.com or by phone (+41 79 565 17 14) in case of symptoms of illness (breathing difficulties, coughing or fever) and further uncertainties.
- With immediate effect, only members of the crisis management team, the university management and individual persons with a permit for special teaching methods have access to the premises of the UAS.
- The relevant services are still available virtually from Monday to Friday for members of the UAS Grisons despite limited operation.
How do I reach the UAS Grisons?
Phone: +41 81 286 24 24
Virtual opening hours: 07.45 – 12.00 / 13.30 – 17.00
Phone: +41 81 286 24 33 / +41 81 286 39 37
Virtual opening hours: 09.00 – 12.00 / 14.00 – 16.00
Virtual opening hours: 07.45 – 17.15
Phone: +41 81 286 39 75
Virtual opening hours: 08.00 – 12.00
Internal advisory office
Phone: +41 81 286 39 75
Virtual opening hours: 08.00 – 12.00
Phone: +41 81 286 24 29
Virtual opening hours: 08.30 – 12.00
The virtual university and the prescribed home office also have an impact on the health of each individual. Social isolation, lack of exercise and fresh air can become a burden. The Health Management Commission and the University Sports Department therefore provide members of the UAS Grisons with some tips and online resources so that they can continue to stand together despite keeping their distance.
How can I make a solidarity contribution?
In the spring semester 2020, the UAS Grisons offers two solidarity modules of 2 ECTS each in the Bachelor and consecutive Master programmes. Both voluntary and compulsory pandemic services can be credited to the semester.
Solidarity module VOLUNTARY I and II
Students apply independently to institutions and determine their deployment or get involved on their own initiative. 2 ECTS are credited in Solidarity Module I for 60 hours of work. The voluntary service can be extended to a maximum of one Solidarity Module II with a further 2 ECTS.
Solidarity module OBLIGATORY I and II
A credit is also granted in the case of assistance service in civil defence or military service for corona management missions. 10 service days can be credited as Solidarity Module I with 2 ECTS. If the service lasts three weeks or more (at least 19 days), Solidarity Module II will also be credited with another 2 ECTS.
Riccarda Ryffel, Student Services
What does this mean for me as an interested party?
Due to the exceptional situation, the deadline for registration was extended until 31 May 2020. The study will start in September 2020. Depending on the situation, this will take place in class or virtually. Do not hesitate and register today for a study at the UAS Grisons!
What does this mean for me as a student?
- Because the development of the situation around the spread of the coronavirus is difficult to assess, one must expect to study with distance learning beyond 30.04.2020.
- In order to comply with federal and cantonal regulations, it is possible that the UAS Grisons will have to extend the examination period by about 3 weeks, for example.
- The buildings of the UAS Grisons will remain closed for students until further notice > Note on already published virtual opening hours.
- Possible access to laboratories, workshops, technical loan, etc. as well as practical forms of instruction in these premises are currently being clarified. Information will follow as soon as possible.
- Individual solutions for the continuation of studies when students are called up for military or civilian service must be clarified with the Head of Studies.
- The decision on possible exchange semesters HS 2020 will be made on 08.04.2020 at the earliest.
- Regulations concerning external language tests
- In the spring semester 2020, the UAS Grisons offers two solidarity modules of 2 ECTS each in the Bachelor and consecutive Master programmes. Both voluntary and compulsory pandemic services can be credited to the semester.
What does this mean for me as a job applicant?
The application procedures at the UAS Grisons will continue as normal despite limited operation. Job interviews, however, are currently taking place virtually. If you have any questions, please contact the personnel department: firstname.lastname@example.org
What does this mean for me as a lecturer or employee?
- The University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons has tightened the access regulations to its buildings. All work must be done in the home office if possible. Only members of the crisis management team have access to the UAS premises. Individuals may be granted access by the responsible departmental management in justified cases. If several persons want to enter a building of the UAS Grisons, they must apply for access via the department management to the Head of Crisis Management (email@example.com).
- It is important that accessibility is also guaranteed in the home office.
- In the current situation, priority is given to health, success in studies, acquisition success and fulfilment of conditions. This may lead to a partial reduction of certain work and services of the Central Services.
On January 27, 2020, the UAS Grisons activated the emergency management team due to the spread of the coronavirus. As part of contingency planning, various task forces were convened to ensure the UAS' ability to act in all situations.
Information about the measures of the UAS Grisons
Solidarity Modules (07.04.2020)
Regulations concerning external language tests (03.04.2020)
Effects of the corona crisis on students (01.04.2020)
Notice concerning course assessments/examinations in all language courses in SS20 (25.03.2020)
We are there for you - at a distance, but virtually personal (17.03.2020)
COVID-19 - Important information UAS Grisons (16.03.2020)
Specific Coronavirus information for incoming exchange & joint programme students (14.03.2020)
Continuation of university operations in distance learning (13.03.2020)
New coronavirus measures of the FH Graubünden (04.03.2020)
Update: handling of the Corona Virus (26.02.2020)
Handling of the Corona Virus (06.02.2020)