You are about to complete the online application for your preferred degree programme. Before you start, you can find some important information about the application process below.
Complete online application process
Create student account
In order to apply for a study programme at the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons, you must first create a student account with SWITCH (digital identity for university members). To this end, select 'Create account' on the first application screen (if you do not already have an account with SWITCH). To create your account, you need to provide your last name, first name and an e-mail address. Before you can continue with the application process, you need to activate the account via the specified e-mail address.
Complete online application process
After creating your account, please follow the instructions in the application tool. The application process comprises five steps and can be paused at any time and continued later (the data that you enter will be saved automatically). To definitively apply, all of the required details need to be provided and the relevant documents must be uploaded. The fields marked with an * are mandatory fields and must be completed.
Please note that you can no longer modify your information after you click on 'Save and continue'.
For the application process, please use devices with large displays (preferably a PC or laptop).
After you have completed your application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail in which you will find, among other things, the link to your completed application form.
Required personal details
In addition to the customary personal information, please have the following personal details ready:
- Social security number (756.... – can be found on your health insurance card. Only relevant for individuals resident in Switzerland).
- Place of origin (only relevant for Swiss citizens)
- Matriculation number (if you have already been registered at a Swiss higher education institution)
In order to complete the online application process, you must upload the following documents (PDF format):
- Passport photo for your University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons student identification card in JPG format (min. 300/400 pixels)
- University admission qualification (vocational/specialist school-leaving certificate, grammar school-leaving certificate, etc.). Should you not yet be in possession of the relevant certificate at the time of application, you can subsequently submit it electronically once you receive it (prior to the start of your studies at the latest).
- Evidence of at least one year’s professional experience (employment/apprenticeship reference or internship contract) (only for bachelor's degree programme)
- Confirmation of exmatriculation (if you have already been registered at a Swiss higher education institution)
The following documents are additionally required, depending on the study programme:
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Bachelor degree
- English language certificate
After successfully applying, the International Office will contact prospective students from outside Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein and support them with the next steps (e.g. residence permit, visa).
The deadline for applications is 31 May in the year you intend to start your study programme. Applications received after the application deadline may also be considered if there are still places available on the programme. Please contact the programme administrator for information.