Our research is practice-based. We research current social and economic challenges.
We research today the solutions of tomorrow.
Our research yields benefits. We promote the exchange of ideas and the transfer of knowledge. Findings from the field of research have practical benefits. They strengthen the Grisons as a business location and support our research and practice-oriented teaching.
What we understand by research:
Quality assurance and development in the area of research and development are based on the quality assurance strategy and the quality assurance system of the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons.
The University of Applied Sciences of Grisons understands quality assurance as a process. Our quality assurance control system guarantees continual improvement in the areas of research and services.
Objectives: What we want to achieve
Research and services at the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons are geared towards current technical, economic and social challenges and contribute to their solution.
- Research and services affect economic and social practice.
- Research ensures research-based and practice-oriented teaching.
- Research makes a contribution to gaining scientific knowledge as well as the transfer of knowledge and technology.
- Research is publicly visible.
Measures: How we promote quality
We rely on target-oriented measures and processes in order to achieve high quality research and services.
- Qualified employees
- Coaches for research methods
- Research colloquia to ensure the exchange of knowledge
- Research unit
- Institutionalised process management in the area of research and development
- Contribution and performance agreement
Assessment: How we check quality
Our research and services are based on the needs of the stakeholder groups. We involve our stakeholder groups in the review and assessment processes.
- Evaluation of projects by principals
- Evaluation of institutes and centres
- Research reviews
- Peer review publications
- Research cockpits
- Staff appraisals