It is very challenging for students to keep an overview due to the variety of information resources available. However, we are here to help you with our comprehensive training courses and advisory services about searching for information and reference management.
Besides an introductory tour of the library in Semester 1 and different courses which are carried out as part of teaching events at University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons, voluntary short training courses are also regularly offered during the lunch break that are aimed at all students and employees of University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons. An appointment can be booked at any time for individual advice.
Book a librarian
Do you have any questions on literature searches, finding and ordering books or articles literature acquisition or as well as using a reference management system? Do you need require support when help with writing an module evaluation assignment? Contact us for an individual appointment. The team of the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons Library looks forward to receiving your request!
- As part of your research, we support you with tips + tricks when searching for literature and research data. We know numerous strategies and sources to make your research more efficient.
- Reference management programmes such as “Citavi” and “Mendeley” are helpful for students writing scientific reports, assignments and theses. We would be delighted to show you how to use them and to answer any questions related to citing references.
- In our writing advisory service, we sit down with you and analyse your writing, identify any possible related issues (e.g. writer’s block) and help you to develop working and writing strategies (NB: no feedback on content or text corrections!).
- Yagelski, Robert P. (2018). The essentials of writing : Ten core concepts (Second ed.). Australia: Cengage Learning
- Bailey, Stephen. (2018). Academic writing : A handbook for international students (Fifth ed.). London: Routledge
- Schwartz, Beth M, Landrum, R. Eric, & Gurung, Regan A.R. (2016). An easyguide to APA style (3e [edition] ed.). Los Angeles: SAGE
With the motto «Promoting reading as a cultural task of a library», we want to offer students and employees events for their leisure time. There are ongoing public film evenings or lectures which are tailored to the teaching subjects of University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons.
Information on our public events is available...
...in the event calendar of University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons
...on our Facebook page
... internal Events are on the intranet