Project at a glance
CareerCoach develops knowledge extraction methods that analyze educational programs relevant to the Swiss market. A recommender system draws upon the extracted knowledge, real-time data on job vacancies, and the customer’s personal context to aid customers in optimizing their up-skilling decisions.
ProjectCareerCoach: Automatic Knowledge Extraction and Recommender Systems for Personalized Re- and Upskilling suggestions
LeadSwiss Institute for Information Research (SII) More about Swiss Institute for Information Research (SII)
Project LeaderWeichselbraun Albert More about Weichselbraun Albert
TeamWaldvogel Roger More about Waldvogel Roger van Schie Alexander More about van Schie Alexander Süsstrunk Norman More about Süsstrunk Norman
Research fieldsData Analytics More about Data Analytics
Fundingx28 AG, Innosuisse
DurationNovember 2020 - October 2022
- 8 November 2022 - The latest research newsletter from the Swiss InsituteInstitute for Information Research (SII) features a summary of the major outcomes achieved by the CareerCoach project.
- 31 October 2022 - The CareerCoach project has been successfully completed.
- 25 October 2022 - The article "Building Knowledge Graphs and Recommender Systems for suggesting Reskilling and Upskilling Options from the Web" has been published in the journal "Information".
- 9 September 2022 - Marina Inglin has successfully completed her bachelor thesis "Re- und Upskilling Recommendations - Criteria for the Automatic Selection of Re- and Upskilling Offers".
- 27 August 2022 - Two Master thesis focusing on research questions from the CareerCoach project have been successfully completed. Marina Schürmann developed in her thesis "Deep Learning for Part-of-Speech-Tagging - Comparison of Transformers-based POS-Taggers with existing models" methods for the automatic annotation of textual content. Her colleague Matthias Widler investigated changing requirements for IT personnel on the Swiss labor market in his Thesis "Vacancies Analysis - Measuring the requirements on the Swiss labor market 2012-2021".
- 20 June 2022 - Amina Buzimkic and Andreas la Roi have successfully completed their consultanceconsultancy project on the "(Re-)conceptualization of a web-based evaluation platform for automatic annotators".
- 17 June 2022 - Alexander van Schie and Philipp Kuntschik presented results from the CareerCoach Project on the 27th International Conference for Natural Language & Information Systems (NLDB 2022) www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhhKjJAMnY&t=2608s
- 12 April 2022 - The conference paper "Slot Filling for Extracting Reskilling and Upskilling Options from the Web" has been accepted for publication on the 27th International Conference for Natural Language & Information Systems (NLDB 2022).
- 8 April 2022 - The annual report of the Swiss Institute for Information Research contains a detailed article covering the CareerCoach project.
- 28 October 2021 - A first report on the achieved project milestones has been sent to Innosuisse.
- 16 October 2021 - The article "Inscriptis - A Python-based HTML to text conversion library optimized for knowledge extraction from the Web" has been published in the "Journal of Open Source Software". The publication introduces technologies that have been developed within the CareerCoach project.
- 14 October 2021 - A poster featuring the CareerCoach project has been presented on the SwissText (Swiss Text Analytics Conference).
- 23 April 2021 - The latest research newsletter from the Swiss Institute for Information Research (SII) introduces the CareerCoach project to the public.
- 13 November 2020 - Page segmentation components design meeting.
- 4 November 2020 - CareerCoach kickoff meeting.
- 5 October 2020 - The CareerCoach project has been selected for funding by Innosuisse.
Besides staff members of the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons the following people participate in the project:
- Cornel Müller
- Matthias Hewelt
- Marco Mehnert
- Sacha Uhlmann
- Sascha Wolski
In the area of Data Analytics, University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons focuses on the analysis of structured corporate data (business intelligence), unstructured text and multimedia contents (web intelligence) as well as data sources with a high level of heterogeneity, large volumes and data throughput (big data).
The CareerCoach Project is funded by Innosuisse. The project partners include the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons (Swiss Institute for Information Research SII) and the x28 AG which offers advanced technologies and services in the area of recruiting and human resource management.
Swiss Institute for Information Science (SII)
The SII deals with solutions relating to data, knowledge and information in the fields of Data Management, Digital Library, Digitalisation of Analogue Cultural Assets and Digital Long-term Archiving, Data Analytics, User Research as well as Digital Business and Usability Engineering.